CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Perfect One Bowl Brownies

I must admit, after reading the name of this recipe, I was a bit skeptical. Perfect??? I mean, that's a lot to live up to. I had BIG expectations while whippin' these up. And guess what?!?! They are pretty dang near PERFECT!!! (I have no words to describe my devotion to the batter of these babies...I'm salivating just thinking of it....deadly, folks, deadly!!!) Here's how to bake up a batch of these beauties:

Perfect One Bowl Brownies

Source: The Sister's Cafe

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (or just sprinkle a handful on top-and the picture posted does not have these on the scrumptious little squares, for some reason I was OUT of them that day!!!)
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl melt butter in microwave, then stir in oil, sugar and cocoa. With a wooden spoon stir in the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Spread into a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. If your toothpick comes out clean you have cooked them too long! DO NOT OVERCOOK! ***I have made these probably a dozen times (don't judge me) since finding this recipe and it took me three times to cook them just right. My tip to you is to take them out when you think "they need just a little bit longer...." Don't do it! Take them out then!!! They are way better a little underdone than done or, heaven forbid, over done!!! Good Luck!

0 comments: