CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Shredded Beef Chunk Nachos

There's a fabulous authentic Mexican Restaurant in Blackfoot, ID called Melina's where they serve "Chunk Nachos". I have had extreme craving for all types of Mexican food with my pregnancy and really, really, really wanted Chunk Nachos. However, since we live over 3 hours from Melina's, I decided to make my own.

First, I put a small pot roast in my crock pot, early in the day. I let it cook low and slow for about 6 hours, seasoned only with minced onion and cooked in 2 inches of water. When it was finished cooking and very tender, I shredded the beef and poured in a large can of enchilada sauce (mild).
I used unbaked tortillas and cooked them on my griddle.

I cut them into 8 uniform triangles and layered them on a cookie sheet.

I evenly spread the meat on top of the tortilla triangles and added 2 cups shredded cheese. I broiled them for a few minutes until the cheese was melted and we thoroughly enjoyed them.

I ate mine with diced tomato and sour cream. My husband had salsa on his as well. Both were equally fulfilling. Could also make with shredded pork or chicken instead of the beef.

1 comments:

Chelsea

I tried this with chicken breasts instead and it turned out really yummy!! Thanks!!!!!!